E-tec 75hp

Pii

Cadet
TWIN 2007 E-TEC 75HPs Can the Injectors and EMM be swapped without reprogramming once the oil setup is the same.
One of the engines is blowing the fuse when key turned to the start position the gauge only goes through its check sequence when the emm is disconnected and the fuse stops blowing.
I think the EMM is in trouble and is there anywhere these can be repaired.
Does anyone know the component sequence of operation for starting.

Thank you

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: E-tec 75hp

Save yourself a lot problems. Take the wiring harness from the other engine and hook that up to the problematic engine. See if it does the same thing. Sounds like a short in your wiring harness (boat) That will be a lot easier than changing all the injectors and the emm to the other side. Or buy a key switch and a pigtail. Disconnect the main wiring harness connector from the engine and put your pigtail/key switch on that. Turn on the key. If the lights on the Emm stay on, no blown fuse, problem in boat harness. If it blows. Unhook the gauge connector from the engine and try again. If no blown fuse. it is in the boat harness.

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

If you suspect the EMM. Simply pull it off the EMM from the engine that does not blow the fuse and put it on the one that does. If at key on you don't get the blown fuse. You know it is the EMM. I am still going for a boat or engine harness. Engine harnesses get wear on them from corners on the engine. Changing the EMMs will not change a thing on either engine and it is okay to run it at idle. It may run a bit poorly (doubtful) but it will cause no damage for this test.

Pii

Cadet

the emm wiring and the gauge sequence
If you suspect the EMM. Simply pull it off the EMM from the engine that does not blow the fuse and put it on the one that does. If at key on you don't get the blown fuse. You know it is the EMM. I am still going for a boat or engine harness. Engine harnesses get wear on them from corners on the engine. Changing the EMMs will not change a thing on either engine and it is okay to run it at idle. It may run a bit poorly (doubtful) but it will cause no damage for this test.

Pii

Cadet

The fuse only blows when trying to engage starter not when turned on. When turned on position 1 a flicker from the trim gauge happens the gauge sequence check does not happen only after disconnecting the two easy emm block connectors.
I will try what you said but its easier to swap the emms first. Is there any good manuals on these engines.

Thank you

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

These engines use a start delay. It may be in that circuit. Like I said. Exchange EMMs, it is simple to pull them off. If the same thing happens, it is not the EMM and is a harness or other component issue. Also, these engines do not power up the fuel pump until the engine is turning over. It may be a fuel pump that is causing this. A simple test for this would be to disconnect the fuel pump connection and see if the problem persists. These engines are not like the old ones that would turn over, because your start circuit was not connected to or operated other operations from an EMM.

Pii

Cadet

Thank you I will be trying this in the next few days. I will let you know how I get on.