Temp Sensor Replacement - 1994 J115

Fishon1024

Cadet
Hi all,

I am struggling in attempting to figure how to take out the two temp. sensors out of the cylinder heads of my 1994 j115txarc v4 engine. The sensors are set into the head and do not appear to have an ability to unscrew them? Ive been looking at former posts but have not come across this specific issue yet. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Fishon1024

Cadet
Re: Temp Sensor Replacement - 1994 J115

welcome

it looks like they are held in by the head. why are you taking them out?

*Thanks for the response Glenn, I am taking them out b/c i have a constant alarm when i turn the ignition key on signaling fuel restriction or over heat. The engine is dead cold, starts right up and runs fine, and is pissing cold water. In addition, The ignition horn checked out ok, and the alarm only goes off traced to when i disconnect the main red harness containing the wires that feed to the temp sensors. The sensors have been giving me some trouble the last few years on idle and when i give the engine gas the generally shut down but now it is constant. I am changing out the fuel filter, the ball is hard and also appears to be giving plenty of gas so everything seems to be pointing to the sensors

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Disconnect the tan wires right at the temp senders once, turn the key on and see what happens. If the horn stops blowing you'll know for sure it's the senders. To replace them you pull the cyl head cover, NOT the head.

Fishon1024

Cadet

Disconnected and siren still going off, sensors only shut off when i disconnect the main red harness