Heading to the Tampa Bay area for the first time. Looking for advice.

Sundayknight

Recruit
We are heading to the Tampa area to see a Rays game and decided to turn it into a long weekend. We found a hotel in Treasure Island that has a marina. I have an 18' bowrider and am looking for advice on where to go and what to see. I've heard there is good dolphin watching in the area and also looking for some good restaurants. Thanks in advance! :)

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Heading to the Tampa Bay area for the first time. Looking for advice.

Welcome to the Legendary Salt Rock Grill - Indian Shores - 727-593-7625 very good steaks Not Berns in Tampa, but close, call for reservations
Friendly Fisherman Restaurant - Johns Pass - Madeira Beach Florida - 5 out of 5 stars Seafood Restaurant great breakfast, all around good restaurant
Sculleys Restaurant always worth the trip
DeLosa's Pizza & Italian Family Restaurant in Johns Pass Fl | DeLosa's Pizza Largo Fl and South Tampa DeLosa's Pizza and Bar Very good pizza, best in the area

Been going down to that area for over 30 years, lots of things to do.
Public beach on north side of draw bridge at John's pass.

have fun
huts

Alan Calfer

Cadet
Re: Heading to the Tampa Bay area for the first time. Looking for advice.

We are heading to the Tampa area to see a Rays game and decided to turn it into a long weekend. We found a hotel in Treasure Island that has a marina. I have an 18' bowrider and am looking for advice on where to go and what to see. I've heard there is good dolphin watching in the area and also looking for some good restaurants. Thanks in advance! :)

Wish I would have seen this earlier! Tampa Bay is a great area to visit. Over on the Gulf side I would visit Gulfport and have dinner at OMaddy's. There's also a few good article here about Tampa Bay Attractions