Doesn't work on TapaTalk!?!?

jordy1380

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have the TapaTalk app on my phone and this forum appears on there as a compatible forum but when I touch to go into the forum it gives me a message to contact the forum admin. Does anyone else try to use this app with this forum??

jordy1380

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Doesn't work on TapaTalk!?!?

Well, I did a quick search, (should have done that before this post lol) and I guess that iBoats doesn't use TapaTalk any more due to security problems. Is there any way that they will look into going back to TapaTalk?? I use that for almost all of my other forums and I think that it's way better than the mobile interface that these forums present. When I get on the mobile version my autocorrect lags and it seems that the sensitivity with the keyboard is off a bit making a period every time I try to make a space. There is also no way to upload a photo unless you go to the full page. TapaTalk has an easy interface to upload photos and no problem with the keyboard or autocorrect.

toneeees

Administrator

The tapatalk feature costs extra to have implemented with our forum. Once we saw it as a security risk, we stopped using and switched over to a mobile web version. If the security risks are fixed, then it is something we may look at adding back to the forum.

dmtalon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

What version of tapatalk cost the forum owners money? I ran it on my forum for years and it never cost me anything.

jordy1380

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I don't know the specifics of the app but I wish this forum worked on there. My guess is that there are so many sponsors of the forum and that the forum is actually run by a business so everyone's gotta get their share of the pie.

toneeees

Administrator

I'll look into it a little more tomorrow and see what it would take to get turned back on.