Any idea's on what this part is??

rgray0608

Cadet
Couldnt get my idle right..so pulled cover off and moved this lever and now it runs good!!?? Is this the choke? Maybe it was unplugged? Any thoughts?4.jpg

Rick.

Captain
Re: Any idea's on what this part is??

It's your primer solenoid. Replaced the conventional choke. When your bulb is pumped firm, you turn the key to on and then push the key in. When the key goes in the solenoid opens with a click and lets a shot of fuel straight into the intake giving a richer mix. If she stumbles while warming up it is often necessary to give the key another quick push or two until it idles smooth. Best of luck. Rick.

Will Bark

Lieutenant

That is the primer which is used instead of a choke; the red lever in the position shown is in the manual start position, it should be paraell to the body of the primer solenoid. That way your "push to choke" on the key will work when starting the engine.

rgray0608

Cadet

That explains it well..thank you for your knowledge. I need to turn it a little more. I had it turned paraell and thought the rpm's were too high, but will turn it. Turned counter clockwise it will not hold an idle. My boating ignorance, didnt know I could push the key in for choke! There is a knob under the key that I thought was the choke.