Installed new battery and now trim get power, but not ignition, gauges or lights

Cinman

Recruit
Mercruiser 3.0' 135 carb,alpha one. M080465. Stingray,2001, 180sl. Purchased 2001.
Seems I shorted something out while replacing battery. Previous battery needed replacing, but after jumping it, engine started and ignition, gauges, lights worked. After replacing battery, trim works, but not ignition, gauges or lights.
All main fuses under dash seem to be good. Can anybody help me find other fuses or identify other possible problems?
And btw, I did push the red circuit breaker 50 button and didn't notice any change.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Installed new battery and now trim get power, but not ignition, gauges or lights

Push8ing a reset button is not the best way to test a circuit breaker, you need to use a 12V test light or a multimeter to check the voltage on both the input and out put of the breaker.
Also look at your starter solenoid. There is a 90A Square fuse on the main terminal that supplies power to your breaker and your instruments. It does not power the trim pump.