1982 evinrude 70

Mountain888

Recruit
Hi there-

My name is Dan and I'm here with my Evinrude 70 that I just acquired. My boat is small and a 70 is way too big. I got the motor for free and was told it runs fine. I want to get it started and sell it so I can buy a motor of that better suits my boat. Here's my problem/question: I don't have a fuel line...the one with the bulb. Can I introduce small amounts of fuel to the carbs with a syringe or something? Just for the sake of getting it to fire? I have the ear muffs for delivering water. Also, I was thinking that the plug gaps should be about .040....is that correct? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dan

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1982 evinrude 70

Howdy, 888.

Welcome to iboats. :welcome:

Best plug gap is .030".

You will need a fuel line and tank for your replacement outboard. Why not just get one now?

Mountain888

Recruit

Howdy, 888.

Welcome to iboats. :welcome:

Best plug gap is .030".

You will need a fuel line and tank for your replacement outboard. Why not just get one now?

Yes that would be a good idea but aren't the line ends brand specific? Ie: ev/jo fuel line won't hook up to a merc or Honda motor, right? That's what I heard anyway.
The fuel lines are $50 so I only want to buy one...not sure what kind of motor ill end up with.

Actually I just realized I can buy the line and always swap out the end later.
Hey thanks man

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Surely you will get another JohnnyRude:first: