Bore Scope or Small Camera for Cylinder Inspection

mrmamiller

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anybody know of an inexpensive bore scope or small camera that can be used to look around in the cylinders? If camera, I'm guessing this would be USB plug into laptop. I'm curious what lurks inside without pulling the heads. I used to have a little light pipe that I used on rifles to check the bore, but it is a bit large to get inside the spark plug hole along with a miniature light.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bore Scope or Small Camera for Cylinder Inspection

If the motor is a cross flow, pull the transfer covers and have a look. If it is aloop-charged motor, it will likelynot have removeable transfer covers

alley mechanic

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bore Scope or Small Camera for Cylinder Inspection

Hello , harbor freight has a centech brand that i bought last year has a lithium battery rechargeable a small probe about 2ft long flexable that will go right into spark plug hole, bright adjustable leds zoom color or blk white picture will rotate if you want it to for a better view can be used with a lape top 3 inch viewing screen comes with a mirror attachement to view a cylinder head bought it for i believe 135.00 on sale they have two kinds the other one is less money but the umbilical is to large to go into spark plug hole extremley satisfied wih it so i highley recamend it well built.

Alley mechanic