Need a new fuel tank for Murray Riding mower.

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello guys,
How is everyone doing this evening? Anyway, I am looking for a good used leak free fuel tank for my Murray Riding mower, 17.5 horse power Briggs & Stratton, with 42" cutting deck, model 42516X92B. Yeap, I just purchased this riding mower and when I went to fill the fuel tank up it leaked like crazy and looked like someone has already try to fix it in the past by using, what looks like, JB Weld. Anyway, the part number for the fuel tank is 94073 and it holds 1.4 gallons of fuel. Does anyone out here have one that is in great shape they can sale to me? If so, please PM me for the details. Or if not let me know where I can get one on-line. I have looked on-line an there ridiculously high in price. Let me know, Bob:confused:

Bamaman1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Need a new fuel tank for Murray Riding mower.

Murray Ohio was liquidated, and Briggs and Stratton purchased the assets of the company. They sold patents, designs and the factory equipment and Briggs got back the $40 million they'd been owed for engines--and also made a fortune on the liquidation.

Most often, fuel tanks are part of the engine. Look up the model and serial number of your engine, and they have Briggs and Stratton parts microfiches online. You can also order the part online.

Otherwise, you can go to a really good lawn mower shop and they can advise you of your options.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

scrape/grind of the jb weld stuff till clean and apply a 2 part apoxy, should work just keep an eye on it.

Splat

Lieutenant

Propane torch, putty knife, and a nail held in a pair of channel locks outta Fix you right up. Just ensure you've evacuated all the fuel AND fumes out of the tank.

matt167

Captain

I've had to deal with those Murray tanks being the leakers that they are.They rub and it's location is a bit of a bad design being tucked under the dash like that. Only way I have been successfully able to fix them is to replace them with new... Lawn mower shops just order from Parts Tree, so the $50 is about as cheap as it will come.. Paul Jackson lawnmowers in Seneca falls Ny may have a used one as he has a large yard/ garden tractor junkyard
Paul Jackson Lawnmowers
2988 U.S. 20 Seneca Falls, NY 13148
(315) 568-0040

Beyond that, joes outdoor power may have something to fit, but you will have to ask as he has nothing listed. Bolens

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We'll I found one on Amazon for $49.99 but my wife says she has $20.00 in Swag Bucks and we can use this towards purchase so I should not have to pay more than $30.00 for the brand new fuel tank. So that is the way I will go and plus my Murray riding mower is very nice and in extremely mint condition so I want a brand new fuel tank. If it was a junker riding mower I would make any fuel tank work. Thanks for all the suggestions. Here is the link to the brand new fuel tank on Amazon..http://www.amazon.com/Murray-7601092MA-Fuel-Tank-Mowers/dp/B0043RTOG2

matt167

Captain

I would have done the same. My grandfather bought a brand new 1 for his ( Lawn General branding ) leak got really bad and of course poured gas all over the motor when it let go ( no fire tho ).. They are pretty good machines, easy to work on and they are not all cheap like the MTD's.