how to drain/fill suzuki dt tilt/trim fluid

bmc02

Recruit
hi, I have an 82 Suzuki dt 115 with a tilt/trim unit from an 89. the original unit died and so I replaced it with this used unit (it bolted right up). I'd like to drain and fill the oil since I don't know the history of the new unit. it works well but it is pretty noisy, so hoping new oil might quiet it down some. my repair manual(s) only cover up to 84 engines so it doesn't match what I have now. there is the fill plug about halfway up the side, then on the bottom there are 2 bolts. one is a straight screwdriver slot and the other is a female hex. If I had to guess I'd say the slotted one is for bleeding/manual override and the female hex is the drain plug? anyone know for sure? like most gearboxes can I just drain the fluid, fill it back up and be done? if I don't run it while draining I shouldn't have to bleed it, correct? I bought a tube of Pennzoil tilt/trim fluid that I was planning on using, but I saw in manual it says to use dexron atf. The Pennzoil fluid comes in a handy squirt bottle so i'd rather use that, I don't think mixing them would cause any issues in a simple system like this, right? the bottle says for all makes/models and it's marine specific so I think it would work better then atf? thanks for any help, first boat so still learning.