Mercruiser Fuel Filter

Elk slayer

Cadet
Hi guys I just bought a boat with a 1995 4.3 2 barrel carb and can't for the life of me find any type of fuel filter on the engine. Hopefully someone can help me out? Thanks guys

fastryker

Cadet
Re: Mercruiser Fuel Filter

There may be a small filter in the fuel line inlet port in the carb itself. My old 2 barrel is like that. I am rebuilding the old boat and motor and you better believe I'm installing a proper water separator/filter in my baby after the money I'm dumping here. It kills me that allot of boat manufacturers cheaped out on this crucial piece! Good luck my friend!

Elk slayer

Cadet

Yeah I checked there today and no such luck. I thought I was just missing it somewhere but apparently not? I thought they had a canister filter on them? Would it hurt anything to put a basic see through inline filter on it before the carb, or would that restrict the flow to much?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

attachment.php

Attachments

• filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0

achris

More fish than mountain goat

... Would it hurt anything to put a basic see through inline filter on it before the carb, ...

Can't have a plastic fuel fitting (see-through filter) in the engine compartment on a boat... Too many BANG!!! (USCG regs)