1989 Alumacraft Dominator 16' Tiller takes on water! Help with known issues please

offthehook67

Seaman Apprentice
Hello everyone,

My 89' Dominator 16' tiller is taking on water. Was out in the boat this past Sunday and had to run the bilge every 15-20 minutes with roughly (a guess) 4 inches maybe more water in the transom. No visual answers or holes or bad rivets on the hull. Nothing stands out that is saying. "Here I am, your leak"......... Is it the seal along the keel dried up and allowing seepage? Or? Would love some ideas...

Thanks in advance

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1989 Alumacraft Dominator 16' Tiller takes on water! Help with known issues pleas

I would check it on the trailer, with limited amounts of water. Is there a floor in your boat? do you have good access to the inside of the hull? Products are out that offer sealing from the inside, but 4 inches is quite a leak, this should be easy to find out where she's leaking from if you have inside access, snap a picture, it will help.

offthehook67

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1989 Alumacraft Dominator 16' Tiller takes on water! Help with known issues pleas

Thanks for the response however, full floor in boat with built in fuel cell underneath. Not an option to remove the entire floor and fuel cell. I am leaning towards the seal along the keel is weathered, dried and leaking.

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

Check of the hose connections on anything with a thru hull fitting,........