90 60hp power trim trouble

rpy31971

Recruit
i have a 90 model 60 hp johnson on my pontoon.power trim worked flawlessly two seasons ago did not operated boat in any way for two years.can lift motor to highest position manually and it will hold there but operate trim switch in either direction and it goes down .once there it will not raise itself. if i lift motoer manuallyand operate switch up the two outer cylinders will both extend and if i operate it down they both retract however they wil not do this with the weight of motor on them.in the water if i raise motor manually and put under load it will hold whatever position i lifted it to so i dont believe any of the cylinders are leaking.any ideas on what problem could be? i have changed fluid and blead all air out and seems like maybe for some reason its just not making enough pressure?

Re: 90 60hp power trim trouble

does the motor make any noise at all when tring to trim up or down?

rpy31971

Recruit
Re: 90 60hp power trim trouble

does the motor make any noise at all when tring to trim up or down?

yes the motor sounds fine.it just seems like the pump pressure is low or something.like i said i can manually lift the motor and it will hold its position even under power but when i try to trim up or down no matter which direction i try to go it goes down. i checked and motor is operating as it should and polarity reverses like it should just wont go up for some reason.