Converting tiller to remote

capn seasick

Recruit
I am trying to convert a 1995 50 HP evinrude E50TTLEOS to a remote control setup from a tiller setup. I have found that evinrude makes some conversion kits for some tiller motors but for some reason they don't for this one. I am hoping to find out if i can get used parts from a different outboard in the same year and horsepower range that i can use to make it work as a remote. Is there any reason this wouldn't work or if anyone knows a good source for information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

capn seasick

Recruit
Re: Converting tiller to remote

Bump
I am trying to convert a 1995 50 HP evinrude E50TTLEOS to a remote control setup from a tiller setup. I have found that evinrude makes some conversion kits for some tiller motors but for some reason they don't for this one. I am hoping to find out if i can get used parts from a different outboard in the same year and horsepower range that i can use to make it work as a remote. Is there any reason this wouldn't work or if anyone knows a good source for information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Fletch_n

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 55hp commercial converted to forward controls and its quite easy to make it work, I have a ship master control, which I'm am now modding to have a tilt switch for a newly fitted tilt and trim, but I would imagine an easy process on yours, main thing would be sorting out the control cable mounting positions. Wiring simple. To my commercial I've added rectifier to charge the battery, electric start, forward controls and tilt/trim all for just under $350 so worth it for me.

capn seasick

Recruit

Thanks for the reply. I feel confident I can get the wiring worked out. It just seems like it is going to be challenging to find the parts to make the cables work with the throttle and shift connections. I am hoping to find another size outboard that has the same cylinder block and intake that is set up for remote control and then find used parts for that. Seems like it should work. Just gonna take some searching.

Fletch_n

Seaman Apprentice

2 bad your not in Western Australia as i am pretty sure i have a 60hp out the back with the cable brackets on it! Im sure you will fing what you need.