Hey there

PatJ

Cadet
Hi.<br /><br />I don't mean to drift off topic, but I just wanted to take a minute and thank everyone for the help I have been getting from this forum about my boat. I have been replacing the floor, stringers, and foam on my 77 Fiberform 18'. It has been a busy couple of days but everyone on here has been great (even to a newbie.) I don't think I would have tackeled this project without this forum. Also, the websites people have built showing detials of thier work such as JasonJ and his great center console have also been really helpful.<br /><br />Anyway, thanks again!<br /><br />Pat<br /><br />(I posted a couple pics of my progress. I am only almost done with the tear out, but I only started the other day. Hopefully I will have her buttoned back up over the nest week or two.)<br /><br /> http://home1.gte.net/howcome/boat.htm

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Hey there

That's a heap big pile of refuse you got there! You sure move quicker than I do. Give us some pictures, with comment, as you begin to reassemble her. That fiberform is a classic common sense hull. Should be around for a long time after you get thru with it.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Now thats a whole mess o' junk there, but you'll have a kickin' boat when you are done. At least its a cool color, you could update it with graphics or whatever. Good luck and keep a postin'.

PatJ

Cadet

Well I think the boat is ready for it's new stringers now. All the rotted wood is gone and all the grinding around the edges of the floor and old stringers is done.<br /><br />Anyway, a little fun fact. Today I took the old foam and what was left of the two 2x6 stringers to the dump. I weighed in and out at the dump. The foam was so saturated it weighed 400+ pounds according to the dump scale. Keep in mind that the foam has been sitting in the bed of my pickup in small shovel-size chunks since Saturday afternoon, so 4 days. In the sun, mid 80 degree days. I'm sure at least some or most of the weight has evaporated away already while the foam was in the truck. It could have easily been twice that when it was still in the boat.<br /><br />And to think that less than 2 weeks ago I didn't even know anything was wrong. The boat ran great and I loved it. No soft spots in the floor or anything, but trying to pick up one of the stringers was like picking up a handful of coffee grounds. I'm hoping for better economy and maybe a lower plane speed with her all fixed up and all the dead water weight out.<br /><br />Thanks again.<br /><br />Pat

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer

Nice looking boat, and it'll be better than new when you're done! Plus the satisfaction of knowing it's done right!! :cool: