2011 Nissan 40B2, I have to prime the bulb before every start

redant78

Recruit
If I don't prime the gas line bulb before every start then the gas doesn't keep its siphon and the engine stops. Even if its only been a few minutes since running it, the bulb will feel almost empty. Could it be related to the engine? Is this normal for this engine, I just got it and have only taken it out a few times?

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 2011 Nissan 40B2, I have to prime the bulb before every start

Do you have a leaky o-ring at the connection to the motor?

redant78

Recruit

Do you have a leaky o-ring at the connection to the motor?

It doesn't seem to leak when its connected, but sometimes there is a couple of drops when I disconnect it. Doesn't leak after its disconnected. Is that normal?
Thanks for any help!

pvanv

Admiral

Yes, that's normal.

See your dealer under warranty.

A TLDI should re-start even if you had disconnected the fuel line while stopped for a few minutes. While running, the fuel line is under slight suction, drawing fuel against gravity, so the bulb may not be firm when running... but the bulb should still be full of fuel. The o-ring seal is independent of the check valve in the connector, so the fact that fuel doesn't leak when the hose is off doesn't verify that the o-ring is a perfect seal.

redant78

Recruit

Awesome thanks! I didn't think about the warranty!

redant78

Recruit

Thanks again about the warranty. I took it in and they said it's the air injectors? I haven't picked it up yet because I'm out of the state on vacation right now. What are the air injectors and what do they do? Thanks!

pvanv

Admiral

TLDI air injectors atomize the fuel -- they push the fuel in with a strong "puff" for smaller droplets.

redant78

Recruit

Cool thanks!