Please help!

My friend recently gave me this beauty. I am wanting to restore it, but my friend and I do not have a clue what model it is. The boat is an offshore model and has Starcraft on the side, but I do not have a clue what year or what model it is. Thanks friends. Also, any ideas on boat names?

Attachments

• PicsArt_1368407482904.jpg
    PicsArt_1368407482904.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 0

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Please help!

Look like a fine candidate for a restore. Don't see many around anymore either.

lprizman

Chief Petty Officer

nice project $10k and a thousand or so hours of labor and you will have a beauty,,,do some due diligence prior to starting this endeveaor
best of luck!!

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

Before you start shopping for names (and there's a ginat thread on names been going on for years), you need to get your title work done. So if you want to know what boat you have, look at the title.

If you don't have a title to look at, don't do anything with the boat until you do--that's if you can get one. No title, no registration, no operating the boat except with oars, no insurance.

If you are still in North Carolina, get specific advice from the boat titling agency directly, not anecdotes of what others did. You may need to go to a seperate agency for the trailer.

Good luck.

shrew

Lieutenant

It looks like the main bulkhead and cabin hatch have replaced once already. With all of these types of projects, take a good long look at what the boat is actually worth when completed. You will rarely spend LESS than what the boat is worth. As stated above, $10K and 1,000 hours in labor, but if you're left with a perfect example of that make and model worth $5k when it is all done, then it simply not worth it.

I'm not saying that is the case, I'm just saying I'd be doing a LOT of homework. Dumping a ton of money into a boat that is worth a ton or money makes sense. Restoring a classic Hatteras, or Post, or Bertram makes sense. Restoring a Classic Bayliner rarely does. Just my .02