How to clean the FF screen?

BBogey

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just purchased a new FF and DON'T want to screw it up. I thought I heard somewhere not to use glass cleaner or anything like that on it - I got out yesterday and played with it a bit, marking duck hunting blinds, etc and really, really liked it!!! But, I hit a heck of a wake and got splashed pretty good and have water spots on the screen. I know you're supposed to use the soft camera lens cloths or sun glass cloth, but if that won't bring the spots off, what, soap and water??

Thanks!

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: How to clean the FF screen?

I clean my Fish Finder Screen with a soft tissue (Kleenex) and a few drops of plain water.
Do it as soon as possible before the water spots start to etch the glass.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

The different screen types require different cleaning methods. If your screen is behind a protective layer of glass use can use window cleaner. I use the “hand cleaners” you get at restaurants on mine. If you do not have protective glass, I would check your operators’ manual for cleaning methods. Using the wrong thing damahege will damage anti-glare coating on some screens

BBogey

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks. I looked in my manual for the cleaning info and couldn't find anything? I don't want to screw this thing up!

Auger01

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use the lens wipes from Zeiss that can be bought at Wal-Mart for five bucks a hundred