power pack bad again

jelarson

Recruit
I have a 1997 Johnson 200-HP and after trouble shooting all of the no spark tests in my shop manual I determined the power pack was bad and replaced it. While replacing it I also found one of the brown wires right side from the stator was severely corroded in the two pin connector and was broken off. I replaced the pin in connector and fixed the wire connection put everything back together and success to engine started and ran great for a few days.Then I went to start it again a few days later after making some other repairs unrelated to the engine and then it would not start again and there is no spark. I retested everything again disconnecting the kill circuit and everything is leading me to think the power pack is bad again! I performed the "charge coil test" for the two sets of brown wires to the stator forward and rear two pin connectors just to be sure the repair I did to the wire and connector was OK, it tested good but the voltage was a little low 108V and 110V instead of the 130V shown in the book. The ohmmeter test 850-ohm was perfect and no shorts to ground. What else could this be or could be causing the power pack to blow? Please help.