1994 Bayliner capri 1850 has no lights or stereo after installing a new battery

j4ck4l

Recruit
HI All,
I had my battery replaced the other day at the marina as it was totally flat but noticed afterwards while we were on the water that I had no stereo or nav lights or cig lighter. Have checked all the fuses under the dash and all are intact. Is there a main fuse somewhere else that might have popped when the new battery was put in ?

Forgot to mention, the instrument lights work o.k. and the boat starts fine but have no accessories.

thanks
carlos

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: 1994 Bayliner capri 1850 has no lights or stereo after installing a new battery

Have a look around your battery. Bet a wire was missed. Could be a positive or neagtive.

j4ck4l

Recruit
Re: 1994 Bayliner capri 1850 has no lights or stereo after installing a new battery

Have a look around your battery. Bet a wire was missed. Could be a positive or neagtive.

Yep, checked that thks. Theres only 1 thick red with no inline fuse and then 2 negs, one is thin and the other thick. They are both on the correct terminals, (which aparently can cause the problem)

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There should be a 10 gauge wire with a 20 or 30A fuse, for power to the helm fuse panel on the positive terminal of the battery.