Small problem

Reopeadres

Cadet
Just bought a 2000 sea ray with a 3 liter mercruiser. Only issues having prev owner had a new lower unit put on the boat new bellows gimble bearings. Insure I'm having is when it's put in reverse it goes into gear and turns but after about 1/4 gas the motor stalls. I'm new to inboard outboards and would appreciate some direction on fixing the problem. Prev owner said the mechinanic that fixed the lower end said it was just and adjustment for a linkage cable.

Thanks
John

mark gray

Cadet
Re: Small problem

Assuming it's on muffs, will it go into forward? Prop turn? Any stalling issues in neutral or forward?

Reopeadres

Cadet

Assuming it's on muffs, will it go into forward? Prop turn? Any stalling issues in neutral or forward?

No issues going forward runs 43 or so no problems. Just in reverse when it has more than a 1/4 throttle it will die.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Check the adjustment, people can guess, but what good does it do. You still have to go check the adjustment.

And don't skip any steps, it will bite you in the end if you do.

Reopeadres

Cadet

Ok I adjusted it per what the manual said to do. Go in and out of reverse with full throttle no problem. No longer kills the engine. I did notice that the kill swich does move a little but not enough to kill the motor. I'm guessing this is normal.

Edit
Also move a little bit when putting in forward to.