93 evenrude 15 hp . Changing foot oil

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: 93 evenrude 15 hp . Changing foot oil

Im not really sure what you are trying to ask? The gearcase will not accept oil?

Remove the drain and vent screws. Let it drain paying attention to colour and looking for chunks of metal. If milky white let us know.

Then put new crush washers on the screws. Dont reuse the old ones.

Fill from the bottom, until oil exits the top vent screw. Put in vent screw, remove oil pump from bottom drain hole, then quickly replace drain screw. Clean up mess and you're all done!

Rjb2000

Recruit

Im not really sure what you are trying to ask? The gearcase will not accept oil?

Remove the drain and vent screws. Let it drain paying attention to colour and looking for chunks of metal. If milky white let us know.

Then put new crush washers on the screws. Dont reuse the old ones.

Fill from the bottom, until oil exits the top vent screw. Put in vent screw, remove oil pump from bottom drain hole, then quickly replace drain screw. Clean up mess and you're all done!
I removed both screws and drained. Got some sludge first and about a pint drained. When I try to fill from bottom hole oil wont go in. Could it be blocked with sludge? How much oil should it take?

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

It will take 9oz

Try sticking a zip tie or something in there to free up any blockages. May need to flush it before filling.

Bubbles Up

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I persoanally would spray a can of brake parts cleaner, in there. then let sit for an hour, then drain the case again. blow some compressed air behind it and to force out sludge. then refill .