Trim limit swich location?

DUNCANDAN

Cadet
I have a mercury 150 1982, I would like to know where the trim limit switch is located. The trim goes down fine but not up. The switch is good and if I bypass the solenoid it goes up fine. Thanks Dan

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Trim limit swich location?

in a '79 its a microswitch located inside the trim bracket.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Limit switch? As I recall the trim motor will drive as long as you have power to a blue/white or green/white wire. What happens is there is a pressure limit valve in the hydraulics that opens and bleeds off the pressure when you are at a limit and keep driving the motor.

"If you bypass the solenoid....." What solenoid? The first things most folks do on here in a situation like that is to swap relays and see if the problem follows the relay. Then replace accordingly. Otherwise the problem could be the control switch no longer powers the up relay, or you have a broken wire from the control to the up relay. Power to the blue/wh. stripe wire is up, green/wh. stripe is down.

Mark

Dukedog

Captain

Tha old style single cylinder TT system did have a limit switch on it. It will be on tha side of tha clamp bracket. Probably tha star. side. Don't remember for sure. Those usually had a "trailer" switch that would over ride tha limit. May have one that looks tha same on tha other side. Its for a trim guage. Lotsa folks would do away with tha limit so it would act tha same as tha Hi Perf. clamp............

DUNCANDAN

Cadet

Thanks Dukedog, that's exactly where I found it thanks.