help with refirbishing older 17' chrysler trihull

sonya71

Recruit
:confused: I'm refirbishing a 17' chrysler trihull open bow ( I have no clue on the model or much else on it) that my brother gave me and it needs ALOT of cosmedic work. I want to put seating in it, more than the two chairs it had. How can I get info on building bench seating, and redoing console?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: help with refirbishing older 17' chrysler trihull

Just ask lots of questions and check out others projects. I've done a bit of work on crusty old tri-hulls, you can click the link below to see.<br /><br />Seats are easy, you can order frefab back-to-back seats that fold out to sunpads or you can order buckets. Look on this site or Overtons.com to get an idea of whats available. You wil want to ensure it runs good and has a sound structure (Solid floor, transom, etc) before doing the cosmetics. Nothing worse than spiffing up something just to find out it isn't worth it. Good luck, you'll get plenty of replies...

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you are wanting to rebuild it close to orignal or just find info. on your boat here a web page you might want to look at.Chrysler Boats

captain spike

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just my input.....just got done <br />(2 years in the making)redoing a 1971 18'winner redid the back bench seat with some half inch pt that was cut to desired shape,spray some water proofing thompsons all over for extra protection,went to local fabric shop got some nice white vinyl some stainless stapless foam from a local junkyard(dodge pu rear seat works best)my buddy put it all together looks better then new,cheap and should last a long time.