Prestolite tilt and trim 2 ram

Jeffneal1988

Cadet
Well I have been having and issue with this tilt and trim. When I hit the switch the motor will run but nothing happens it does not lower or raise. I can actually lift my motor and lower it by hand. Everytime I would lower it I would hear air and see some fluid comming out of one of the cylinders. So I got underneath and looked at the one that the issue was comming from and seen that the lower tilt line assmbly that goes into the Tee there was fluid and air comming out of both sides of the Tee. Would this cause the entire Tilt and Trim not to work? I took the Cylinder apart to get the Tee out bc I was trying to tighten both sides and the whole Tee sheared off into the bottom of the cylinder. I'm gonna use an easy out to get the threads out. The tilt line looks ok I didn't see any tape on the threads or anything so I'm going to buy a new Tee. Also when I had the cylinder out a little hydrolic fuild shot out when I pumped it and it looked milky I'm sure I'm low on hydrolic fluid. The boat has sat for awhile so I wonder if it's been leaking for a long time. Is there something else I should be after here or do you think I found the problem. Any answers would be greatly apreciated this is my first boat and I'm really shooting in the dark here.

Re: Prestolite tilt and trim 2 ram

You may need new lines too i got one with new lines and they leaked where they crimped them after your done clean good and dry and put cardboard under to make sure if anymore leaks and where its leaking we had to fill ours up once a month

RRitt

Captain

if you get the threads tee out cleanly then you may be good with just a new tee and some pipe seal. i think the tee is 1/8" male pipe to 3/16" inverted flare. if the tubing is deformed and will not seat, then drop is size #104 oring into the hole so that tube face seals against it.

Also poor some fluid through and clean out everything if theres water in it