Dilly trailer parts?

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Howdy; I have a 1973 Dilly tilt trailer with my 18' 1973 Supersport on it. These trailers are built extremely well, but can not find parts? Have searched internet with no avail. Would like to replace wheel hub assy. And need a new roller assy. for back of trailer so can use tilt option again. Does anyone know were I can get parts?

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Re: Dilly trailer parts?

You don't need Dilly parts. Just need parts that fit the Dilly frame. You can get roller brackets and rollers her on iboats or at West Marine. Wheel hubs at West or any trailer supply.

I just finished replacing my bunks, rollers and springs and also the wheel bearing seals and never had to try and locate a Dilly part.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Dilly didn't make their own parts, they purchase pre-made parts, built a frame and attached the parts to it, so if you can find parts that fit, which based on what you are looking for, you should have no problem, and you can update it. Like many other things in life, Dilly is a company name, they may have had some fabrication facilities, but they didn't make their own rollers and hubs, those parts are made by other manufacturers.

So just take a look at what is out there, find the parts that fit and slap them on, on your hubs, I would suggest taking one off and heading to the local parts store and I am sure they will be able to help you out with hubs, bearings and seals.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you for your insight minuteman 62-64. Yes I am aware do not need dilly parts. Just have not found the right size parts yet.

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thank you MTboatguy for your ideas. Yes am aware dilly did not manufacture their own parts, have not been able to find right size parts. Going to use your suggestions for wheel hub

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant

Thank you for your insight minuteman 62-64. Yes I am aware do not need dilly parts. Just have not found the right size parts yet.

Same as with the hubs, if you take an old roller assembly to a marine hardware store you can match the new stuff to the old. If no handy marine store, most on-line outfits provide measurements for things like roller brackets, etc. that will let you select the correct size (see iboats & West Marine on-line).

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

;)Thanks minuteman 62-64. Will do.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Phill Dill Boats and Jerry Whittle Marine in Lewisville, TX. sold Dilly years ago. They were popular here. If you can't find what you want you might contact them.

Mark

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks Mark; It is always great to have a contingency plan.;)