JC Boles Pontoon information needed

pleasantlake

Recruit
Anyone have information or experience with JC Boles pontoons. I have visited his website. I am looking for an electric pontoon for our lake.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: JC Boles Pontoon information needed

Any pontoon can be electric, that's just the drive system and the drive is determined by how big and how long you want to cruse and so on.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

There is a company called Torqeedo that makes electric outboards so you can make any boat you would like electric, just a matter of finding room for all the batteries.

A for Boles, I popped over the their site for a second and I would guess they are a very small company just getting started or they have been around for awhile and just not grown, the boats look very dated, I work at Bennington so that is what I am used to looking at.

Any small pontoon would work really well with that Torqeedo engine and you would have a bit more style too.

ANd best of all they sell them here at iboats torqeedo - iboats

Lurch77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looking at their website, the JC Boles are a bit different from the typical pontoons most people think of. It seems to be a very small company ran by a retired aerospace teacher. It appears it started as a hobby and went from there. They are more like a kit boat than a standard toon. I see you can buy one in kit form for $1800 including the electric motor. That's not a bad price if you have some basic tools to put it together. You can buy one fully assembled, with electric motor and trailer for $3000 up to $6500, depending on size and features.

All in all, if it is something that interests you for smaller lakes, you are not going to find a boat from any of the well known bigger manufacturers for that kind of money. The guy builds them in southern Illinois, so it wouldn't be a terribly long drive for you to pick one up, versus the expensive shipping. Heck, drive down there and have a look at them in person before you commit.

Jeep Man

Commander

You could check out Tamarack Lake Electric Boat Co. They have been at it for a while.

pleasantlake

Recruit

Looking at their website, the JC Boles are a bit different from the typical pontoons most people think of. It seems to be a very small company ran by a retired aerospace teacher. It appears it started as a hobby and went from there. They are more like a kit boat than a standard toon. I see you can buy one in kit form for $1800 including the electric motor. That's not a bad price if you have some basic tools to put it together. You can buy one fully assembled, with electric motor and trailer for $3000 up to $6500, depending on size and features.

All in all, if it is something that interests you for smaller lakes, you are not going to find a boat from any of the well known bigger manufacturers for that kind of money. The guy builds them in southern Illinois, so it wouldn't be a terribly long drive for you to pick one up, versus the expensive shipping. Heck, drive down there and have a look at them in person before you commit.

I started this post because the Boles pontoons are different and hoped to get some firsthand experience. I will defintely go down there before making a commitment.