Flooring surface

qpawn

Recruit
I am going to have my floor replaced by someone else, but I was wondering what is the best non-slip surface for my floor. I have been looking at Interlux - Polymeric Non-Skid Compound, and was wondering if anyone had used this before or if there is anything out there that would be better for around the same price.

Bass Runner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Flooring surface

Look at JasonJ post he used some on his boat and seems to like it, don't know if it's the same product but he shows it on his web site for his rebuild.

mutron77

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I believe Jason used Evercoat, which is a latex non-skid paint. I have used it and it is quite adequate, easy and safe to use. High tech poly's will outlast it, but are more expensive, prep intensive and non-lung-friendly. You will have to decide which your boat merits. I used epoxy barrier coat and ran my roller over it when it started to kick and it gave me a nice non-skid surface.<br />Search the web for reviews on Interlux Interdeck<br />I think I would go with that if I was going for a more agressive non-skid. One part, $28 a quart, low sheen. I would guess it is Britesides, with the flattener and Intergerip mixed in.<br />H90

quantumleap

Master Chief Petty Officer

Cabela's sells a non skid coating for 60 bucks a gallon. Not sure of the chemical composition though.

phatmanmike

Captain

i just painted the interior of my fishing boat with that interlux non skid compound, and i am waiting to save money so i can buy interlux topside paint to cover it. that sh*t sucks up dirt and grime and is a ******* to clean.<br /><br />ill take just regular ol paint any day<br /><br />just my 2 cents

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer

I helped a friend do the the floor in his 15’ and all we did was buy some topside paint from the clearance rack from Boat US ($5 per quart!!!), and some texture additive for paint from the Home Depot and mixed them together. The floor is two seasons strong being used 3-4 days per week and showing no signs of wear + great grip…….

ob15

Chief Petty Officer

I got some real fine no skid powder from West Marine (interlux I think). Mix a little in with paint. Came out great. I didn't want a real coarse no skid, this stuff is real fine & works great.