Fly fishing from your inflatable?

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys, I know I've been kinda blowing up the boards here lately but I'm loving the ideas and conversations! I'm an avid fly fisherman, anything from trout to panfish to bass. How many of you like to fly fish from your inflatable and have you made any specific mods for doing so? I plan on taking out my Mariner 4 this week with some terristerials and poppers to see if I can get some big bluegill/crappie topwater action!

saabsaviorlee

Seaman
Re: Fly fishing from your inflatable?

Hey there! I'm a fly flinger from an inflatable. I first used a Sevylor fish hunter with the standard mods, floor board, seats, motor mount etc. Now I have a 12.5' with scotty pole holders and a deck that rests on the bow to mount a bow troller. I mostly fish larger warm waters but have taken it to electric only and 10 horse restricted lakes to chase trout. I love the stability of an inflatable for casting especially compared to a Jon boat or v hull. One thing I've been meaning to get is a stripping basket. there's so much stuff for line to get caught on inside the boat. Post some pics and keep that tip bent!

saabsaviorlee

Seaman

this is my Scotty anchor lock it makes for easier lifting of the anchor and setting exactly how much line out you want. The pad glues onto the boat and you can remove the anchor lock and attach pole holders (they even make fly rod holders) downriggers anything in the Scotty line.

Amazon.com: Scotty - Fishing / Hunting & Fishing: Sports & Outdoors

i01039.jpg

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Is that a plastic, pvc base you can glue at bow, where do you plan to keep anchor rope ? Some sort of container, basket ?

Happy Boating

saabsaviorlee

Seaman

It is the glue mount pad. I've had them on for about 9 months and haven't had any issues with them coming up. Used a 2 part pvc glue from west marine. I keep the rope, anchor lock, and anchor in a bucket. I have 4 pads attached so I can switch out my rod holder and set up the anchor on bow, aft end of left tube, and left and right side in the middle of the boat.