***HELP*** 1997 Sun Tracker Party Hut II Signature Series

ddwyer

Recruit
I recently purchased the above boat. A few weeks ago, I drained the overhead water tank for the shower into the shower pan. It backed up. I looked high and low (literally) for a valve that may switch from "dump" to drain like the sink has. No luck.

Under the boat, below the shower, there is a 1/2" piece of PVC that comes through the deck form the shower to an open end. NO VALVE there. I have called everyone I can think of to find why this is backing up and no one knows if or where a valve would be.

I have plunged, used Drain-O, the whole 9 yards and no luck. I understand that there is a possibility that there is a small gray water holding tank inside the starboard pontoon...not sure about that one. I am trying to figure this out before I pull the shower pan up and start looking there.

Does anyone know where a pump out may be or this elusive valve??? Thanks in advance!!

ddwyer

Recruit
Re: ***HELP*** 1997 Sun Tracker Party Hut II Signature Series

So...I figured it out, for all of you that may have a problem like this. There is, what looks to be, a 15 gallon gray water holding tank under the shower pan. There is a rubber hose attached to the tank with a hose clamp that goes through the back wall towards the stern. So, I walk into the aft seating area and there is little box on the floor, that is under the ladder to go up top. And in that box is....THE DUMP VALVE!!!! (insert bells ringing here).

So, there's that. Good news is, the shower comes out with eight screws and cutting the silicone seal away from the wall, all in all, about ten minutes.

In addition to that, the entire shower disassembles into about 4-5 pieces and can come completely out of the boat for added room if needed.

Hope this saves any other Party Hut owners some time.

lamintdog

Cadet

So...I figured it out, for all of you that may have a problem like this. There is, what looks to be, a 15 gallon gray water holding tank under the shower pan. There is a rubber hose attached to the tank with a hose clamp that goes through the back wall towards the stern. So, I walk into the aft seating area and there is little box on the floor, that is under the ladder to go up top. And in that box is....THE DUMP VALVE!!!! (insert bells ringing here).

So, there's that. Good news is, the shower comes out with eight screws and cutting the silicone seal away from the wall, all in all, about ten minutes.

In addition to that, the entire shower disassembles into about 4-5 pieces and can come completely out of the boat for added room if needed.

Hope this saves any other Party Hut owners some time.

It just saved me. Thank you for posting. Not sure I would have found it on my own!

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Glad you figured it out. If we ever get a bigger boat dock i am defiantly getting one of these boats.