2 Battery switch set up

wgl333

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had my dealer install a 2 battery switch over the winter and am curious as to how they set this up. I have a 2001 Fisher DLX 220 toon with a 60HP Mercury Bigfoot. They installed the switch with 2 Red Cables, but instead of 2 Black, they provided me with a jumper to go black to black between the 2 batteries. Is this an acceptable install and if not, how should it have been done?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 2 Battery switch set up

I had my dealer install a 2 battery switch over the winter and am curious as to how they set this up. I have a 2001 Fisher DLX 220 toon with a 60HP Mercury Bigfoot. They installed the switch with 2 Red Cables, but instead of 2 Black, they provided me with a jumper to go black to black between the 2 batteries. Is this an acceptable install and if not, how should it have been done?

Ayuh,.... That sounds Right,... The switch only controls the Positive(+) leg...

johnj11

Cadet

I think I have the same on a boat I just purchased. There is something about the size of a solenoid in the + lines. Am I correct to assume that this is to allow my deep cycle to charge when engine is running but stop the electric trolling motor from draining my starter battery?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

I think I have the same on a boat I just purchased. There is something about the size of a solenoid in the + lines. Am I correct to assume that this is to allow my deep cycle to charge when engine is running but stop the electric trolling motor from draining my starter battery?

Picture, model number, manufacturer name, part number. Something about the size of solenoid is not of much help. And you hijacked someone elses thread. You should have started your own. Your question only confuses matters and makes it hard to stay focused on the original post. Your post is certainly welcome in your own thread but adds nothing to this one. We are talking about dual battery switches. If what you are wondering about is a dual battery switch it would have a knob with BAT 1, BOTH, BAT 2 and OFF positions. This is a dual battery switch.

This is a solenoid (but there are many other styles)

johnj11

Cadet

Did not realize it was off topic. Confused a switch with an isolator (I think). Not my intention to hijack. My apologies WGL33.