ESCA Questions

George Field

Recruit
Hello all,
I have a new to me ESCA powered Sears outboard, it is a 3.5 hp unit, I just haven't figured out how to get the basic other info, like year etc. I was wondering if one of our members could help me. I have scratched away at the painted details and come up with the following, # 642 18a, #7474788, 217-5856-2, 5b-300170, Sears Robuck and co. USA, in Canada Simpson Sears Ltd.
I want to find a manual but until I know what I am looking for I am at a standstill. It runs ......well, the fuel tank is rusty in and out, it has had an inline fuel bulb added in between tank and carb and when tipped up to come into shore it leaks a little fuel. It also has a small shaft next to the choke knob that I haven't figured out yet. Thanks,

George

George Field

Recruit
Re: ESCA Questions

Your 217.58562 is a 1975. BTW, it is Eska, not Esca. So as not to confuse people.
eska sears outboard model page1

Thanks for that F_R, a 1975, great, do you or anyone have any idea what this outboard looked like when it had paint and stickers ? At the moment she is a bit naked. I was going to remove the steel fuel tank, take it to work and sandblast the outside at lunchtime, I can then fill the dents and prime it,
moving it towards a better life.
George

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: ESCA Questions

Sorry, I have no idea what it looked like. There were so many models and variations.