1982 astroglass floor

Dv2233

Recruit
I have a soft spot in the dead in the middle of my floor of my 1982 astro glass boat . Nowhere else just about 12" long by about 4" wide. Would this be an easy fix or am i in for a lot of money

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1982 astroglass floor

iBoatsWelcom-1.jpg

A lot of variables. If you've done your homework you know that soft spots usually indicate more problems below. Not always but usually. Has she been covered? How many PO's? Do you know her history? Is the boat carpeted? Inboard or OUtboard? Do you have any access to see below deck? Got any pics?

WelcomeAboard2-1.jpg

Dv2233

Recruit

iBoatsWelcom-1.jpg

A lot of variables. If you've done your homework you know that soft spots usually indicate more problems below. Not always but usually. Has she been covered? How many PO's? Do you know her history? Is the boat carpeted? Inboard or OUtboard? Do you have any access to see below deck? Got any pics?

WelcomeAboard2-1.jpg

Don't think she was covered much the last 3 years just traded a four wheeler for it. I' guessing po's means port openings it has one vent in floor at the back deck and 2 places in the floor for poles for chairs which is right in front of the soft spot. Which maybe my problem. I know the guy i got it from said she went to the shop every yr to get tuned and checked but not much more than that it has carpet its a 115 v4 johnson outboard pulled up one of the pole plates and there is insolation under it. Will take some pic and post. Stable boat fast out hole. Fished for 7 hr in the rain the other day and didnt get much more than a quart of water out when pulled the plug. Thanks for any help

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

PO's means Previous Owners. ;) Waiting on Pics.