Marinas in Venezuela With On-Site Fuel

boatingfan

Recruit
We are considering a trip to Venezuela and are having a hard time locating information about which marinas there sell fuel at the marina. Does anyone know of any which do or how we might find out? Thank you for your time, and any information is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
R

IraRat

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Marinas in Venezuela With On-Site Fuel

Do you want to hit the mainland, or Los Roques or Margarita Island? And where are you coming from?

As someone who has been to VZ countless times (albeit by air), I can tell you that the place is screwed up beyond belief these days.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I would advise having a gun on board also.

Maybe one of those looked down upon semi-automatics with a 15 round magazine, or two. Plus a good terrier watch dog.

Mark

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Don't forget to look for Sean Penn while there.

IraRat

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did we scare him off on the idea?

But seriously, folks:

I've been there around 20 times (wife is from there), and seen most of the country, except Maracaibo, and far into the interior. This was pre-Chavez, and "more or less" safe. I even had a condo, rented for me by a VZ liquor company I was doing advertising work for in the states. It was on the beach in an area called Macuto, in La Guaira, that was later washed away by mudslides that destroyed thousands of homes and KILLED thousands. To this day, 13 years later, the area is still a disaster because the Chavista regime is so screwed up.

Most of my wife's HUGE family still lives in Caracas, and not a single one hasn't been robbed or injured in a crime. (My nephew was shot TWICE as just a bystander.) And every one of them lives in fear, every minute of every day, of getting robbed or killed.

You have to be NUTS to go there. Even Beirut is safer!

Nowadays, wherever you go in the country, you're taking your life into your HANDS.