Moving Fuel Filter (Aluminum Headers)

alldodge

Staff member
IMCO makes a bracket to move the oil lube container and fuel filter and I?m sure works very well. Never found anything from IMCO which isn?t top notch. I decided to try my luck at just moving the fuel filter. This install moves the fuel filter up and forward to clear the exhaust manifold and provide additional clearance to remove the fuel filter when needed. I remove the entire bracket but only the lube container, fuel filter and steel fuel line need to be removed.

Used a 4-inch piece of 1-1/2 square tubing and drilled 4 ? 3/8 bolt holes and 2 ? 3/4 inch holes. The 3/4 holes are used to provide clearance for a 9/16 deep well socket. Use part of the lube container latch plate as a template for drilling holes. Drill the first 2 ? 3/8 holes complete through both sides of tubing; align the holes in the center of the square tubing and 1 inch from the left side. Drill the other 2 ? 3/8 bolt high and to the right allowing room for the hex head bolt heads; do not drill through the other side of tubing. On the front side drill 3/4 holes through the center 2 holes. See square tubing pic.

Find and install fuel line fittings in place where steel fuel line use to be. Install the square tubing and lube container latch bracket in place using same hardware previously removed. See tubing mounted pic. Nuts on bolts are there for Illustration only, remove before installing filter.

Insert 2 - 5/16 bolts through remaining holes in bracket, install fuel filter and use self locking nuts to secure in place. See filter install and filter clearance pic?s

Install USCG approved fuel line and secure with clamps. See complete pic.

ENSIGN

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Moving Fuel Filter (Aluminum Headers)

Just make sure the oil bottle is high enough ( higher than the top of the drive.)

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Moving Fuel Filter (Aluminum Headers)

Just make sure the oil bottle is high enough ( higher than the top of the drive.)

Agree, The oil bottle placement is in its original position, it was not moved only the fuel filter