Choke conversion

klawton55

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi I have 89 Sea Ray with a 7.4 merc, over the winter I changed out the intake for a pro comp and need to covert the old divorced choke to electric but I am not sure what kit I need. I have another question I have a plate about 1 inch thick that was used with the old intake and the new intake came with a thin plate, I don't know which to use or if I need to use either. I have added photos of the carb and the plates any info would be great.

image.jpgView attachment 192697

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 0

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Choke conversion

thats was an adaptor plate eg: holly to rochester. should only need the gasket for the carb .

klawton55

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks! That was my guess but that's all it was.

I should add that the carb is a carter from what I was told by the gentleman that rebuilt it.

Bondo

Staff member

Thanks! That was my guess but that's all it was.

I should add that the carb is a carter from what I was told by the gentleman that rebuilt it.

Ayuh,.... That's kinda Important,... The Merc/ Weber AFB....

It's a carbon copy of the Edlebrock Performer series,...
Buy yer electric choke from Them...

NHGuy

Captain

I'm sure Bondo has more experience with it so go with his recommendation first. Hopefully it's jetted for the motor you are putting it on.
Carter did make some Quadrajets, if that's what it is I'd go on cliffshighperformance.com to find the correct electric choke. If you have any questions Cliff will set you right. Then you just need to run a hot-while-key-is-on wire for the choke.

Speakrdude

Ensign

The carb looks like a 4 barrel, probably "Square bore", Weber Carb. If your intake is a "Spread bore", you deff will need that adaptor plate!