1994 evinrude 70 need help with tilt and trim

angus22

Recruit
HELLO I RECENTLY PURCHASED A OMC FACTORY GOOD WORKING TILT TRIM UNIT - BY THE WAY THIS UNIT NEVER HAD A FACTORY INSTALLED UNIT ON IT A TILT ASSIST ONLY - WHEN I GO TO INSTALL THERE ARE NO HOLE'S THAT ARE THE CORRECT SIZE FOR THE FACTORY HOLES ON THE UNIT - SO I TALKED TO THE GUY I BOUGHT THE UNIT FROM TOLD he told me about omc/ johnson evinrude made two different styles of pins,one with a bottle neck tappered down to fit the smaller hole that I have on my transom mounts does anyone know where i can find such a pin or which hole i should be mounting it in i have searced the net but unless you have access to factory manuals getting pictures to help you seems hopeless- thanks for any and all help that you all can give, thanks charlie :cool:

angus22

Recruit
Re: 1994 evinrude 70 need help with tilt and trim

HELLO I RECENTLY PURCHASED A OMC FACTORY GOOD WORKING TILT TRIM UNIT - BY THE WAY THIS UNIT NEVER HAD A FACTORY INSTALLED UNIT ON IT A TILT ASSIST ONLY - WHEN I GO TO INSTALL THERE ARE NO HOLE'S THAT ARE THE CORRECT SIZE FOR THE FACTORY HOLES ON THE UNIT - SO I TALKED TO THE GUY I BOUGHT THE UNIT FROM TOLD he told me about omc/ johnson evinrude made two different styles of pins,one with a bottle neck tappered down to fit the smaller hole that I have on my transom mounts does anyone know where i can find such a pin or which hole i should be mounting it in i have searced the net but unless you have access to factory manuals getting pictures to help you seems hopeless- thanks for any and all help that you all can give, thanks charlie :cool:

still looking for any ideas! thanks

RRitt

Captain
Re: 1994 evinrude 70 need help with tilt and trim

post some pics of what you have and then a pic of what you bought.