Yacht Brite Pro Polish by Shurhold; Have You Used This??

rapa123

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi,
I just received my Yacht Brite Pro Polish by Shurhold. I will be using my Porter Cable 7424XP DA polisher. The gelcoat on my boat is in excellant condition with no signs of chalking/oxidation. I have a few questions for those of you that used this product;
1) Is the black Shurhold Pro Polish pad the same type of pad made by Lake Country? Lake Country 6.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice!
2) What pad have you used with the best results?
3) Have you used Shurholds Shaggy Brite Bonnet? Brite Bonnet Final Polish Pad - Buffing Machines & Pads | Shurhold If so, what's your thoughts and opinions?
4) Overall, how do you like the Pro Polish?
I realize that I'm asking alot, but any tips and/or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray
5) I have factory decals on the side. Will this polish harm them? If not, I would suspect that applying the polish by hand over them would be better than using my DA.

I realize that I'm asking alot, but any tips and/or suggestions would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray

doyall

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yacht Brite Pro Polish by Shurhold; Have You Used This??

If

... The gelcoat on my boat is in excellant condition with no signs of chalking/oxidation. ...

then what is the purpose in polishing?

A *quick* wash/wax should serve you better, IMHO.

lg260ss

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I liked it a lot when I used it last season. I applied it by hand and buffed it out with my porter cable. Very easy to use and seemed to last for a very long time. It is also easy to buff by hand in those areas the your polisher won't reach.

rapa123

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi,
Thanks lg260ss for sharing your experiance with the Pro Polish. I've read nothing but great reviews on this sealer.
In answer to doyal; I do polish my boat and keep on top of it. That's why my 2006 deck boat looks factory new without the chalk and oxidation. Been using Klasse AIO by hand, but now decided to try the Pro Polish by using a DA. Thanks again for the replies, Ray