Faria tachometer plug 8.1 L mercruiser

Rinker246

Recruit
Does anyone know where I can buy the 4 pin plug/pigtail for a Faria tachometer? Faria doesn't sell it. 2006 Rinker Captiva 8.1 mercruiser.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Faria tachometer plug 8.1 L mercruiser

Does anyone know where I can buy the 4 pin plug/pigtail for a Faria tachometer? Faria doesn't sell it. 2006 Rinker Captiva 8.1 mercruiser.

I may can help being how I just ordered a Faria tachometer myself and it didn't come with the connector either. Mine uses a 6 position connector but I bet yours uses the same type as well. You can look for a Deutsch 4 pin (or socket actually) connector from lots of places. And they sell them in silver or gold plated versions too with crimp or solder types also. Search EBay or Summit car parts for them. The racing industry uses them a lot. I have found lots of them on EBay myself... Hope this helps you out... :joyous:

Rinker246

Recruit

Thanks for the response but mine is different than the Deutsch. Attaching a picture of the back of the tach. image.jpg

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer

I would go lock at mouser or digikey and see what you can find. They have most everything though it can be hard to find. If Faria can give you any information it would help.