Hi I'm a newb ... Need some help

Anthony_TX

Recruit
Ok my problem is my ski won't start . I have a 2000 sea doo gs and every time I attemp to start this ski up it only turns over but doesn't start. I know it will start because about 3 weeks ago I kept trying to start it and then it finally started up after about 30 mins of trying. So I took it out to the lake and once it was in water I started it but then it would die after giving it gas . The only way it would start was by holding up the choke and when it did start it was hard to keep it on. It ran good a couple of times giving it gas then it would die again . So here I am again trying to get this ski running right without going though all that trouble . Below is a list of things I have done to try and fix it.
Also at the end of the plugs I see there is oil on them . I pulled the plugs out and then turned it over to see if oil would shoot out but nothing came out and compression checks out ok too. I also mixed some 2 cycle oil with gas then poured it and it started up right away then die after it burned it up.

Cleaned fuel switch
Cleaned out carbs
Changed grey lines
New fuel filter
New battery
New plugs

I'm all out of ideas so hope someone here can help ..... Thanks

jafo9

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hi I'm a newb ... Need some help

pressure test your fuel system. i had an old xp that i was chasing a problem in. i found i had a slight pressure leak in one of the fittings that was causing a hesitation. of course, this assumes that your carbs are really clean. the vast majority of problems in those rotax motors can be solved in the carbs.

Anthony_TX

Recruit

Ok I'll try that out next. Thanks for your reply

Anthony_TX

Recruit

Ok here's an update on my starting problem. I did a fuel pressure test like AMjafo9 suggested. Everything checked out ok except for the fuel accelerator pump , it had low pressure . So I removed and replaced the lines with new ones and it checked out ok after that . But I don't think that would cause it to not start .?Other then that I hooked the carb back up and after 3 try's it started right up .then I let it sit for awhile , went back and it started right up without choke. All I have to do now is water test.