Johnson outboard motor

twink

Recruit
Hi

This is my first time on this site so bare with me, I am trying to sell a 2000 Jon Crestliner 18ft boat. It was my husbands but since he has passed away I really don't use it enough to justify keeping it.

I had a someone look at it today, and they were telling me that to fix the fin at the bottom of the outboard motor and putting o a new prop would be very expensive. However, I have looked on line and found that first of all the fin will not make the boat ride any different, is that true? Also it can be fixed for under 200.00, I also need a new propeller and if I were to buy the better one it would be about 300.00, is this also true? I would appreciate anything that you would like to share.

Thanks so much

EDIT

Johnson 50HP Motor also a 2000

Last edited by a moderator:

trendsetter240

Lieutenant
Re: Johnson outboard motor

You can get a good, new aluminum prop for that motor for around 100 bucks. You don't need anything more than that if your selling it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Johnson outboard motor

Hi, twink.

Welcome to iboats. :welcome:

If you want to fix the "fin" (probably the skeg) a SkegGard costs less than $100. If the prop is damaged it is probably because the skeg, which is supposed to protect the prop, is broken.

Too much detail on a for sale item makes it a defacto ad, so I amended it.