Kudos to iBoats for doing the right thing!

eavega

Lieutenant
Just wanted to give a shout out to iBoats and their customer service folk for doing the right thing. I was replacing the thermostat on my Mercruiser 3.0L, and ordered a Mallory replacement "Kit" from the iBoats site. When I received my package I was disappointed to find that they had sent the thermostat, but it did not include the gasket. Mind you the description specifically mentioned the OEM parts replaced by the kit (t-stat and the gasket). I called Customer Service thinking a mistake had been made, and the agent that answered said that she could not tell from the catalog whether the gasket was included or not. Now I was a little mad, as the description and the part listing both implied that the gasket was included. We left it off that she was going to contact the supplier and find out what had happened. I was not happy with this response, as it meant that I would not be able to complete the t-stat replacement unless I was able to source the gasket separately.

well, this morning I look at my order status and I see it is "Pending Return". What's more, the part number I ordered is no longer specified as a Thermostat Kit, but rather just a Thermostat. I contact iBoats CS again, loaded for bear and ready to fight it out with them. Not that I cared too much about the $1.99 gasket which I was going to have to drive 20 miles for now, but more so for the principle of the matter. When I spoke to the agent and explained that I did not request a return of the part, she informed me that the agent I spoke to yesterday had immediately had a replacement kit (she verified it was a kit this time) sent to me, and while she was at it had the iBoats online catalog corrected. She was also finding out if I needed to ship back the first t-stat I received and figured she would start that ball rolling too. The replacement kit has already arrived at my home. That is pro-active customer service in my opinion. Thank you iBoats, you have earned my business today and in the future.

Rgds

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Kudos to iBoats for doing the right thing!

They are "Top Shelf" folks.

Speaking "kindly" to folks always gets better results than yelling. It's funny how so few understand that principle.;)

Everyone is too eager to fight.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

iboats service plain is the best.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

If folks would give most customer services a little nice calm polite talk to explain their situation, most of the time they will make you a very happy customer. But a lot of folks are angry and want their needs met NOW! And that gets the situation even further frustrating and bad responses happen then... Always treat people like you would like to be treated and nice things happen... It does work for me so many times...