Starcraft 21.5 foot ss for sale.

warrenjets

Cadet
So. I spotted a ss 21.5 ss for sale. It's got double axle trailer in great condition. Boat is all there. 115 hp Johnson . Big open bow. It will need new floor and prob transom. He hasn't had it running in 4 years. Also has set of new Cabella seats with it. He wants 1500.00 for it. What do y'all think. It's the boat is really what I want. Jake
Sorry for spelling. I phone typos

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
Re: Starcraft 21.5 foot ss for sale.

pictures? :)

engine not running for 4 years is a concern. Have it inspected before you buy. You can put an offer contingent on inspection. If he say no to inspection, you should say no deal. My 22 is powered by 4.3LX 190HP or so and I am worried I might be under powered. But, I did not see the engine in action yet; still restoring her. You might want to give this some thoughts.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

If it's the one you want go for it, everything can be fixed or replaced and $1500 sounds like a good deal to me.

jbcurt00

Staff member

pictures? :) engine not running for 4 years is a concern. Have it inspected before you buy. You can put an offer contingent on inspection. If he say no to inspection, you should say no deal. My 22 is powered by 4.3LX 190HP or so and I am worried it might be under powered. But, I did not see the engine in action yet; still restoring her. You might want to give this some thoughts.
I'm hoping your 22ft Bayliner fiberglass boat is quite a bit heavier then a tin 21.5ft SS...

Does SC list it in the brochures as a 21ft, 21.5ft, or a 22ft?

A 115hp OB may be under the max rated HP for the boat, but may not be UNDER-powered for a tin boat. Although, my 18ft Holiday (it's 18' 6") is rated for a 125hp OB.....

If it's the one you want go for it, everything can be fixed or replaced and $1500 sounds like a good deal to me.
^^^ YEP!

Look thru the SC threads here, lots of good info.....

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

If you are mechanically savy, do a compression test, spark test, shift it in and out of forward and reverse and spin the prop to make sure it engages (NOT RUNNING) and make sure the motor has hope. Then you can make the decision what its worth to you. the tools necessary are available at autozone on there tool loan program. Bring your own battery. Works for me and gives peace of mind, specially when at that price the motor would be the most important part. as far as known restoration purchases go it has to be cheap or have a motor that makes the price worth it!
Oh ya, Welcome to the madness!!!