Volvo DP-SM power trim hydraulic hose repair

jakeschoppe

Cadet
I have a Yr.2000 Chapparral with 5.7 GSI, Outdrive is Volvo DP-SM 1.95. Transom assembly is TSK Sx-MLT. My question is that one of the hydraulic hoses for the power trim that attaches to the hydraulic ram on the port side has (burst) near the area where it attaches to the ram (outside of boat on outdrive). There is a stainless coupler that threads into the ram and then about 10 inches of black hydraulic hose which is compressed to stainless line that feeds into the transom (somewhere, I cant see everything where it goes thru). I have read other forums where there are potential (kits) to fix? Also talked to a local boat mechanic and he said there may be a manifold that the lines attach to on the back of the transom. I would likely need to pull the outdrive to see but I need more info on what is going on with these lines. How do they get thru the transom. Can you fish a new line thru without removing the motor or outdrive? Has anyone had any experience with these lines or even splicing a hydraulic line?

boat.JPG

Last edited:

jakeschoppe

Cadet