Question on custom cover style

Upnorth1963

Cadet
I'm going to be purchasing a custom cover for pontoon.

I've seen covers that have a zipper mid-ship that align with to door. To me this looks like an easier way to secure the cover and insert the poles.

Anyone have comments?

TIA

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Question on custom cover style

I have a custom cover with a zipper mid way and really like it. The only real down fall with it is a slight bit of rain will get through it, but not much at all and only in a real downpour. More rain actually come under the door than through the zippered area. You are dealing with only 1/2 the weight and do not have to take the whole cover off to make a short run if there are not many people in the boat. I at first thought the I could leave the front cover on when under way, but it catches way to much wind to do so effectively. I can take the front two poles out and weight the center down with rafts, but the edges still flap which I find distracting. If you do this I would have them add an additional flat that will cover the zipper and Velcro in place. Mine was ordered that way, but I was lucky to get it back at all as the guy left town and only repeated calls got it completed. Also make sure the center poles are tall enough to shed water out with out using the backs of you seats as support.