I have been lurking on this site for sometime and it has helped me fix a few problems

BigBlockFalcon

Recruit
I have been lurking on this site for sometime and it has helped me fix a few problems I have had with a few outboard motors. I decided to join the forum. My dad purchased a bass boat. We already rebuilt all the carburetor. My dad replaced the water pump. Next is wiring. We are just in the process of fixing everything that needs fixing. I need to purchase a few things on the boat but I guess it's has a rebuilt title. Because it says 1988 Marine G. Here are pictures if anyone could tell me what kind of boat this is. I have looked at thousands of pictures of different bass boats but can't be 100% sure what this one is.

saumon

Lieutenant
Re: I have been lurking on this site for sometime and it has helped me fix a few prob

The HIN will tell it

Will need the complete number here:

1.jpg

Looks like MGI to me, but it's hard to see, so it could be a Astro/ProCraft...

USCG

and the last 4 digit are the month and year.

(it also look like the fiberglass is cracked right under the rubrail...)

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander
Re: I have been lurking on this site for sometime and it has helped me fix a few prob

Might be able to id the mfg by the HIN. From there the model may be easier to search.

Whoops- 2 answers at once...

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

What are the letters at the beginning of the HIN? The HIN is on that aluminum plate on the starboard side of the transom in your fourth picture.

By the way, the registration numbers are improperly spaced. There needs to be a space (or a dash) separating the letters from the numbers:
vesseldoc2.JPG

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

That HIN tag doesn't look OEM to me... looks like it may have been added IE titled as assembled or assigned an HIN where one was missing.

BigBlockFalcon

Recruit

It has clear title and is in our name now but it has a rebuilt title with a different tag. It's not factory and the title say it's a 1988 Marine G Boat

BigBlockFalcon

Recruit

By the way, the registration numbers are improperly spaced. There needs to be a space (or a dash) separating the letters from the numbers:
vesseldoc2.JPG

The whole boat is getting repainted and new numbers. It looks like they just used home depot mail box numbers.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

the original HIN MAY be under that tag... if so It could likely be decoded

saumon

Lieutenant

the original HIN MAY be under that tag... if so It could likely be decoded

Yep, that one is screwed insted of riveted, but if it's been rebuilt they may have ditched the original one. I still can figure the year (??58), but a Google image search with either "1988 Procraft bass boat" or "1988 Astro bass boat" bring a lot of similar boat, except for the decals.

BigBlockFalcon

Recruit

The more I look it does look like a Procraft family fisher

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

Zip those screws out and have a looksee... then make a nicer tag and rivet it on ..... the devil is in the details ;)

saumon

Lieutenant

At the same time, you could have a closer look at that splitted gelcoat between the tag and the rubrail...