Wife needs help picking best prop for husbands pontoon!!!

Hello to all... I am trying to help my husband with a prop... We have a 1982 harris pontoon 28ft with a 75hp mercury... It has a aluminum 13.75 x 15 prop now... But the prop has a chunk out of one of the 3 blades... We use our pontoon for fishing, crusing and pull our kids on the tube... Should we stay with the 15 pitch or increase/decrease??? I am wanting to get him a new one, but have the 15 pitch fixed for a backup... Please help me... I dont know a lot about boats, but i am trying to learn!!! Thank you for all your help in advance!!!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Wife needs help picking best prop for husbands pontoon!!!

Hello to all... I am trying to help my husband with a prop... We have a 1982 harris pontoon 28ft with a 75hp mercury... It has a aluminum 13.75 x 15 prop now... But the prop has a chunk out of one of the 3 blades... We use our pontoon for fishing, crusing and pull our kids on the tube... Should we stay with the 15 pitch or increase/decrease??? I am wanting to get him a new one, but have the 15 pitch fixed for a backup... Please help me... I dont know a lot about boats, but i am trying to learn!!! Thank you for all your help in advance!!!

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Without yer answerin' these few questions,... There ain't no answers...

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Wife needs help picking best prop for husbands pontoon!!!

Without the information Bond-0 suggests there is no way to know what your specific application needs.
It does seem that a 75 on a 28ft pontoon would need less pitch than a 15.