1989 100HP stalls soon after running and will not restart

rstites

Recruit
I have a Johnson 100hp outboard, when I get it started and then when I open it up will take off but then just a couple minutes or so it will stall and it will take me everything I can to get it started up. I have taken the plugs out and they look like they have a little oil on them but not bad and it does start every time just kinda chugs and then catches up. I checked the fuel filter and it looks good. I have even taken the quick connect fuel end off the motot and used a screw driver and pumped fuel out and that is good, then I checked all the fuel lines to the fuel filter and they are not clogged. I looked at the fuel filter diaphragm and that look ok, but if it is a pin hole not sure I would see it. I am thinking of changing to new plugs. I was wondering what else someone might think of that I have not? [/B]

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: 1989 100HP stalls soon after running and will not restart

Maybe coil failing. If you have a timing light try it on different ht leads after it stalls and see if they are all firing
Does it smoke much when it restarts?

rstites

Recruit
Re: 1989 100HP stalls soon after running and will not restart

Maybe coil failing. If you have a timing light try it on different ht leads after it stalls and see if they are all firing
Does it smoke much when it restarts?
No it does not smoke., thanks for responding.