carb problem

adrian78

Cadet
after putting my e110tlcca 1988 together with the carbs from a 100999s 1979 and the electrics from same 1979 motor , i got it to run but it doesnt start every time unless i mess with the carb linkage , and when it does run is verry erratic and it spits fuel out from the top carb, and spark plugs from cyl 1 and 4 are really black , 2 and 3 are wet. i bought a kit to rebuild the carbs , all i did i change that seal thats between the floater compartment and the upper part(i dunno is is more to it or not)i clean them really well with carb cleaner ..and it still spits fuel from the top one but it doesnt cycle, it turns over but thats it !!

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: carb problem

You need to check that the cylinders are firing at the correct time, spitting fuel out a carb can be caused by timing that is far out

adrian78

Cadet

i cant figure that timing out , seems that in arizona no mechanics are in need for money , they dont answer their call , they tell you to bring the boat in then they call and tell u that they have to run out the house for some groceries and wont have time , and professional shops they charge u a 100 to diagnost and to do nothing

cr2k

Captain

If you just changed out the bowl gasket you did not really clean the carbs. It takes a good soaking and compressed air and pulling the little plugs and sometimes poking wire through passages. You may still have carb problems.