How mad will you get if I laugh at you?

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
With the long winter and lots of plowing the snow my rock driveway was in need of some TLC. It rained a bit yesterday and the ground was soft so I decided today would be an ideal time to get to work on it. I've got a landscape box with teeth I like to use for this as it scarifies the driveway allowing gravel to fill in the low spots and ruts while taking the top off the high spots. I took the snow plow (a 7' blade) off and mounted the landscape box and got to work.

This is pretty much an annual routine and this year was no different and things were going fine until,,, I hear a massive CLANG and found myself sailing over the steering wheel and landing on the hood of the tractor. Apparently I had just located the last piece of old railway rail once used along the old driveway before I bought the farm. That bad boy didn't budge so much as a fraction of an inch!

The tractor engine died and as I lay on the hood with the steering wheel sharing space with the family jewels the admiral comes out with a huge grin and asks, "How mad will you get if I laugh? That was hilarious. I wish I had got it on video"!

I just put the tractor away and came in the house, that stupid driveway can wait... Oh yeah, the admiral, I'll teach her a lesson and refuse to eat the supper she is fixing! Yeah, that'll put her in her place. :facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: How mad will you get if I laugh at you?

Those box scrapers work great until, well, you know............... I played it safe and took the Christmas lights off the house today. Although, I suppose I could have fallen off the roof.

ps. I think your wife will still be laughing during dinner.....:laugh:

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

Dig that puppy up and sell it for scrap.

I'll help you when I quit laughing.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

theyre not my man-berries.
and is on this forum so i figured they were fine he wasnt complaining about them
and he didnt say anything other then it stalled i wanna know how the poor tractor is for it to stall out that was a hard hit

rbh

Fleet Admiral

No seat belt? and what gear do you use to go from X-O MPH in 1 second and take a header?

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Seat belt??????? Baaaaaahhh! I only wore mine when I was riding along the side of a steep hill..... Put the ROPS up too. That feeling will make your man berries feel like they're higher than they should be and also pucker your butt. :D I had hydro-static drive. Maybe Bubba had a heavy foot.....

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Seat belt??????? Baaaaaahhh! I only wore mine when I was riding along the side of a steep hill..... Put the ROPS up too. That feeling will make your man berries feel like they're higher than they should be and also pucker your butt. :D I had hydro-static drive. Maybe Bubba had a heavy foot.....

Thats "KINDA" what I'am thinking. He was having a Dennis Hopper/Peter Fonda moment, feet up, hair straight back, then BLAM!
AZZ over tea kettle, ERR HOOD, LOL.

(NOT a side hilling moment, more of a "when I say WHOA mule I mean WHOA" WHACK!

littlerayray

Lieutenant

yep everyone is watching when you do something that can hurt your pride